We thought we’d help the economy bounce back and bought one of these fancy plastic masks:
- you can’t store it flat because of the little screws (or you have to dismantle it after every use…)
- we left it on the back seat of the car once and it buckled (British summer is my favourite day of the year)
- the flimsy piece of rubbish broke after a month
The mask we made out of mdf worked perfectly for 15 years.
Oh, note to self: if the midline is parallel with the drawtube it is easier to make sense of the image.
- line above the star means the focuser is set too far in (move outwards to fix)
- line below the star means the focuser is set too far out (move inwards to fix)